Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Museum Mixer

New Yorkers are always busy running from one cultural/historical/artistic exhibit to another. And why not? We’ve got the Guggenheim, MoMA, Met, Brooklyn Museum, Tenement Museum, Italian American Museum – I challenge you to find another city that matches us museum-for-museum.

The Museum of the City of New York is one of those weekend afternoon trips I indulged my parents in while they were in town. 103rd Street seemed so far away from my downtown West Side abode, but it was a special request and I’m always up for learning about my surroundings.

Turns out the museum is a pretty cool place, and I really didn’t know much about the place I’d been calling home.

And this summer, the museum is offering a mixer of sorts.

To commemorate NYC's speakeasy craze during the days of prohibition, the Museum of the City of New York is hosting Speakeasy Wednesdays through August 26.

From 6:00-9:00 members and non-members pay $10 and $15 respectively for an after work drink, access to the first-floor galleries, and a chance to mix and mingle. Tickets are sold at the door.

You still have time to make it to tonight's event!




No comments:

Post a Comment