Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Subway Readers, Listen Up!

Is it just me or is summer almost over and I'm still pasty white and feel like it's just begun?

One thing I have accomplished this summer, despite my lack of quality beach time, is reading. I love to read and am a sucker for buying books. While I haven't yet been able to marry my love of literature with my tech savvy (or lack thereof), eBooks seem to be the new thing. I still don't like the idea of mixing music and email on one smartphone so you can imagine my thoughts on reading on my BlackBerry or iPod. I still tote around hardcover books on the subway. I prefer the feel of the binding and pages of a real book and the sense of achievement I get from the progress I make as I read it, but for those who like everything in one place - today's post is for you.

Barnes & Noble wants to give you a free eReader for your iPhone, BlackBerry, PC or Mac, along with six free eBooks, including The Last of the Mohicans and Merriam-Webster's Pocket Dictionary. Plus, iPhone and iPod Touch users can get a mobile coupon for a free tall Starbucks brewed coffee just for downloading the free Barnes & Noble Bookstore app.

Maybe one day I will step into 2009 and read on my handheld device, too. Until then, I'm content with my gently worn up copy of Pride and Prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment