There is no excuse to stay indoors this weekend. The hot summer whether for which Manhattan is renowned is coming to stay, at least for a little while.
Tomorrow, the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation and Backpacker Magazine host Adventures NYC, a free celebration of the outdoors.
If you're not lounging in the sand somewhere in the tri-state area, Adventures NYC kicks off at noon in the Bandshell area of Central Park.
Activities will include:
- Rock Climbing Walls
- Dagger™ & Wilderness Systems™ Paddle Sports Center
- Take Me Fishing™ Zone
- Fitness Clinics
- Free Bike Rentals
- Bike Helmet Giveaway
- Free Valet Bike Parking, Courtesy of KEEN Footwear
- Bird Watching Tours
- Yoga Clinics
- “The Last Airbender” Martial Arts Zone, led by Shaolin Kung Fu Training Center
- Obstacle Courses
- Trampoline Acrobatics by The Skyriders!
- Outdoor Career Fair
- Special Musical Performances