Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday Night Date Night

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I love my weekly Goldstar events listings. And no, I'm not getting paid to say that!

While the weather has certainly been fickle here in New York, June is finally here! And June 1 = summer to me! Forget this June 21st summer solstice business.

This week's Goldstar newsletter brought to my attention Wine and Roses evenings at the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden at the Bronx Botanical Gardens. Here's the deal: Rose Garden hours are extended on select summer Fridays beginning this month. Head uptown and take in the sights, sounds and aromas. From 6:00-8:00 p.m., wines will be offered, live music performed and botanical experts will be available to answer questions about the gardens.
Admission is usually $20, but if you buy tickets through Goldstar, a free online booking service, it's half price.

Makes for a great date night (hint, hint gentlemen) and it's a nice way to leisurely enjoy the outdoors away from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.


No comments:

Post a Comment