Monday, July 13, 2009

Calling All Bookworms

FF is feeling exhausted today after a sleepless weekend in the Hamptons, where, yes, I was still able to remain frugal despite it being, well, the Hamptons.

Today, since it's nearly impossible to muster any real wit or creativity outside of the energy I've already expended on my day job, I will be brief.

For a while now, I've wanted to highlight a long-time neighborhood favorite (I consider the W. Village an extension of my 'hood). Today is this place Biography Bookshop's moment to shine.

Biography is located on Bleecker Street right across from Magnolia Bakery. It's a cozy, hole-in-the-wall bookstore with great deals on all the classics, bestsellers and, of course, biographies. The best part -- they always have a table of books out on the sidewalk that are on sale and it seems like there's an evergreen 20% off hardcovers discount.

I'm all for frequenting the mom-and-pop bookstores versus the big guys which feel a little cold and sterile. Check it out if you're ever in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment