Looking out the window today at gray skies and flooding streets, summer seems so far away. But with a forecast of 70 degree temperatures for the weekend, the streets of New York are bound to be populated with city folks anxious to enjoy the outdoors.
A free way to experience the sunshine and clear blue skies in store for the weekend is to trek across the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the oldest suspension bridges in America.
Here are five FF ways to enjoy the Brookyln Bridge:
- Just over one mile long, the Brooklyn Bridge makes for a nice, breezy run. Take a friend and run the length of the bridge and back.
- For those looking to explore at a slower pace, take the pedestrian walkway across to capture great photos of Manhattan's skyline.
- Stop for brunch outdoors in Brooklyn Heights and walk it off along the East River.
- Grab a slice at Brooklyn's famed pizzeria Grimaldi's, located just under the bridge.
- Bike the bridge and bring a picnic lunch to lounge in the Brooklyn Bridge Park.